|Games and VEN Playground Schedule
|Lyman Missimer showing Google Cardboard and Expeditions
- Our playground was very active! The playground location was ideal because there was lots of traffic and interest. Thank you ISTE Planning committee!
- Some new technologies that are breaking into our playground consciousness. Virtual Reality. I saw lots of session and vendors promoting VR. I had a demo from the Nearpod group and was surprised but quite fascinated that they are investing in VR.
- Along those lines, Lyman Missimer from Google gave a great presentation on Google Cardboard and Expeditions. (Can't wait to find out about Google Daydream)
- Bitcoin and its newest extension Block Chain are concepts and technologies that everyone should keep an eye on. They are touted as the next disrupters. I need to learn more about these concepts.
- Second Life still has so much to offer for educators looking to push boundaries and connect.
|Barbara Seaton Talking about Second Life and Education
- Virtual Education Journal continues to shine. Editors Rosie and Bob Vojtek have been tirelessly chronicling virtual environment work. Please check out this amazing work HERE
- The Drax Files are very worth watching and learning from.
- Special Thanks to Cynthia Cologne for her outstanding "Mini-Keynote" to get us started.
- Mary Howard's work with OpenSim with her 6th graders is really amazing and worth following!!
|Mary Howard showcasing Future Virtual World Projects
- Classcraft provided some wonderful water bottles to hand out to playground attendees. Thank you Classcraft. This platform is definitely worth a look for educators looking to engage their students.
- Lastly, but not least. great work from PLN Chairs, Scott Merrick, Kae Novak, and Chris Luchs for making a magical playground.